I came to explore and photograph the river but the battery in my DSLR was completely dead and I had to rely on my iPhone to document the trip. Regardless of the fact, photos cannot do justice to the beauty and magic of this place.
– Barry, the owner of the Pocomoke River Canoe Company in Snow Hill, Maryland, dropped me off at the Porter’s Crossing Road bridge.
– The river is famous for its bald cypress trees.
– The upper portion of the river is narrow and shaded.
– There is a lot of wildlife in and around this river. I spotted a pair of bald eagles nesting in the crown of this loblolly pine.
– Obstacles along the way were part of the fun of this trip.
– A swallowtail butterfly.
– Slightly past the halfway point, I found a small beach for taking a break. There was a small, clear spring feeding the river here.
– I spotted many painted turtles and banded water snakes along the way.
– My trip ended back in Snow Hill at the Pocomoke River Canoe Company boathouse.